Pooled Income Fund
Receive an income by pooling your gift with others
In the Michigan Tech Fund's pooled income fund, your irrevocable gift is invested or "pooled" along with gifts from other Michigan Tech alumni and friends. Each quarter, you receive your share of the entire pooled income fund's interest and dividends. Upon the deaths of up to two income beneficiaries selected by you, your share of the pool is used to benefit Michigan Tech.
The Michigan Tech Fund's pooled income fund is invested prudently with the goal of achieving both an attractive return and safety of principal. Income from the fund varies depending on changing economic conditions. You can join the pool with a minimum initial gift of $10,000 and can make additional gifts of $5,000 or more. The income beneficiaries you select should be at least 60 years of age.
Contact the Office of Gift Planning for more information.
Benefits of pooled income fund gifts
- Simplest way to gain variable income for life
- Immediate income tax deduction
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on gifts of appreciated assets
- Removal of assets from your taxable estate
- Potential increase of current income by converting low-yielding assets
- Future funding for the Michigan Tech program of your choice